With 22 years of practical experience my passions are creating, nurturing and growing large communities online through social media and providing relevant, exciting, useful and educational content that helps people, makes them think or brings them joy. I am passionate about the way we communicate locally and globally, especially for the greater good. Our differences make us interesting, challenging, adorable, story worthy, memorable and social media allows us all to be celebrated. I really enjoy working with Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects and other software within Adobe Creative Suite in my spare time.
LinkedIn recommendations: Click here
Download reference from Matt Godhard
Download reference from Stephen Platts
Download reference from James Sallows
Download my volunteer experiences
RECENT KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
- Winner and shortlister for creative design awards for “One Minute Briefs” at bankofcreativity.co.uk.
- 8 million page views, 1.7 million Google referrals, 9500 comments achieved on the1940sExperiment.com to date. My website is used as an educational resource by schools as part of the National Curriculum.
- In 2022, improved IMSM’s LinkedIn statistics. Social unique organic impressions are up from 4 k to 12 k per month, overall organic impressions from 10 k to now 30 k per month, clicks are up from 400 to 1350 per month, and reactions increased from 200 to 700 per month.
RECENT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
Social Media / Marketing Executive, IMSM Ltd. August 2020 – Current
Social media marketing executive and content creator for an ‘ISO Consultancy’ with a passion for building communities and communication online. Passionate, creative, dedicated, empathetic, hard-working people-person with great communication skills and attention to detail who loves to work in a team or independently.
- Administering all social media channels including creating paid campaigns.
- Creating and repurposing written and graphical content for all social channels, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Maintaining all social media and professional channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Using Hubspot calendar to schedule all social content and monitor performance.
- SEO, keywords, hashtags, linking on social posts.
- Increasing visitor traffic and engagement using data from the different social platforms, Google analytics and Hubspot.
- Creation of static and animated social graphics using Canva, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro & Photoshop.
- Short video creation and new digital ideas using images and audio.
- Blog, article and case study writing. SEO and keyword rich short and long form copywriting.
- The setting up, development and editing of regular live webinars using Streamyard for teams in the UK, USA, France & Spain.
- Developing campaigns with team members around important dates, or new business services being offered.
- Adding in page content where needed through WordPress CMS and Hubspot CRM.
Recent examples of written content:
Case study: Cannabis Farm USA
Article: Cybersecurity in Manufacturing
Social post and carousel graphic: Can ISO 50001 Really Save the Planet?
Website owner/editor/content creator, The1940sExperiment.com – Current
Created and continue to administer and grow a niche high-traffic blog with niche content re-creating ration book recipes during WW2. To date the website has received over 8 million visits and is often used by schools as part of the National Curriculum to reference rationing and recipes of the time. General website stats are 1.7 million referrals by Google search, 9000+ comments, most popular page 1.4 million visitors. The website has been grown organically.
- Create written content for WordPress website
- Create graphics and video for WordPress website
- Maintain website, engage with comments
- Deal with all media enquiries and work with other websites and publications that wish to share my content. Collaborate where necessary.
- TV and press and all media enquiries. Articles in Waitrose Magazine, Daily Mail, TV shows 4 in a Bed and Barcroft Media.
- Building large strong engaged communities with a similar interest.
Digital Media Coordinator, PMS Diecasting Ltd. (now Gripple Ltd.) September 2014 – December 2019
- Adding web pages, articles, images, videos, news and jobs to the business website using WordPress CMS.
- Creating and maintaining all social media and professional channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Mail Chimp, Google Business.
- Designing brochures, leaflets, pamphlets, banners and business cards for the business including organisation of print work while ensuring the correct branding.
- SEO on all websites and analysis of web stats using Google Analytics. Digital reports presented at leadership meetings.
- Increasing visitor traffic using data from analytics to develop content further.
- Communicating internally and externally business news, achievements, events, initiatives through all forms of digital media and in-person.
- Short video creation and new digital ideas (previously created digital business cards and an employee app).
- Managing marketing, employee well-being, and charity budgets.
- Liaising with web developers/photographers/media regarding projects, news, and awards.
- Working with expert employees to create promotional material, case studies and articles for our website, customers, magazines, brochures, and entries into industry awards.
- Product, people, and event photography.
Web Manager, Lighthouse Media/Newspaper Group, June 2009 – February 2013
- Heading the web team to maintain day to day running of a busy local news website, business directory, and all social media sites
- Developing digital marketing and promotions including web ads, cross-platform promotions, contests, web advertising packages, news and entertainment newsletters.
- Coordinating and promoting video news and features with reporters and videographers
- SEO on all websites and analysis of web stats using Google Analytics and Opentracker
- Increasing visitor traffic to all web sites using data from analytics to develop further successful promotions
- Using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Ning, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google +, Constant Contact, YouTube and Vimeo including the use of paid-for advertising through including Google Adsense and Facebook to promote latest important breaking news (articles, photos, and video)
- Implemented and developed digital newsletters, business directory, social media and networks, and SEO for Lighthouse Media Group which increased web traffic from 5000 unique visits to 100,000 per month
Digital Sales Consultant, Lighthouse Media/Newspaper Group August 2007 – May 2009
- Selling and developing space and pages in an online local business directory
- Working with the traditional newspaper sales team and developing cross over digital advertising packages to compliment newspaper advertising
People, community, education, travel, hiking, digital media, photography, video, audio, web and video editing, social media, creative content, reading, history, antiques, architecture, art, colours and textures, food, blogging, news, psychology, nature and animals, volunteerism.